- A carpenter constructs built-in place or prefabricated forms according to specifications for molding concrete structures. A carpenter studies blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed, inserts spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of form to maintain specific dimensions and anchors and braces forms to fixed objects.
- Requirements: Experience in the construction field as a carpenter. Ability to work without fear of heights. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints. Math skills are essential.
- Starting base wage: 28.45/hour plus fringe.
- Concrete Finishers smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. They patch voids and use saws to cut expansion joints. Concrete finishers will also perform carpentry work.
Requirements: Must have a strong knowledge of building and construction materials, methods and tools involved in construction. Must know how to select the right tools and equipment to do the job; must use mathematics to solve problems. They must have the ability to manipulate and assemble objects, and coordinate two or more limbs while sitting, standing or laying down.
- Starting base wage: 28.45/hour plus fringe.
- Construction laborers perform tasks involving manual labor required for construction. May operate hand and power tools; air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, surveying and measuring equipment. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces and support sides of excavations, erect scaffolding and clean up rubble. Performs variety of routine, non-machine tasks and work is usually performed with other workers.
- Requirements: Excellent physical condition is essential. Must have good dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. They must be able to read and understand warning signs and labels on a construction site, be able to listen to written and verbal instructions and specifications. They should be capable of working as a member of a team and have basic problem-solving and math skills.
- Starting base wage: $20.95/hour
We are looking for riggers for both our Heavy Lifting and Crane Rental divisions for rigging and hoisting equipment. Ideal candidate would have a Class A CDL and basic mechanical skills.
- Starting base wage is $23/hour plus fringe.
- The equipment operator may operate several types of power construction equipment such as loaders, hydraulic excavators, cranes, tractors, skid steers, scrapers, and motor graders. Operators erect structural and reinforcing steel, pour concrete or other hard surface paving materials, set equipment, install underground piping, hoist materials, and perform demolition of structures. An operator will adjust hand wheels and depress pedals to drive machines and control attachments, control levers and pedals on assigned equipment to lower bucket or scoop up material and to lift, swing, or dump material, positions the crane boom and moving levers to control equipment. Operators are responsible to perform maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing, and oiling machines.
- Requirements: Workers should be able to read engineering drawings, work in dusty or dirty surroundings, follow instructions and meet set standards, practice good safety habits, judge distances and slopes accurately, make decisions based on verifiable standards. Operators must have good communication skills.
- Starting base wage is 26.45/hour plus fringe. Wage increases based on equipment operated and experience.
Seeking a mechanic for our shop and field. Job responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, inspecting, and diagnosing issues with a wide range of construction equipment
- Reading and understanding maintenance manuals
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Traveling to job-sites to repair equipment when necessary
- Drivers drive heavy, tractor-trailer, tractor-trailer combinations, transport, side dump, and dump trucks. Position may involve loading and/or unloading goods at destination. Drivers must know the principles and methods for transporting goods, must know how to read and describe physical characteristics, locations, and have a solid understanding of the laws, legal codes, and government
- Requirements: Position requires a commercial driver' s license and medical certification card. Must be drug free, drivers are subject to random DOT drug testing.
- A rotomill and reclaiming operator would work exclusively with our milling division. Travel is required for the position with lots of potential for overtime pay. Must be able to work independently and lift up to 50 pounds. Mechanical abilities are preferred. Basic understanding of reading of construction plans preferred.
- Base starting wage is 27.30/hour plus fringe benefits.
- Works in conjunction with our milling division driving and operating water trucks. Class B CDL with a Tanker Endorsement required. Travel required.
- Starting wage is 28.14/hour with fringe benefits.
- A groundsmen checks the grade while performing work for our rotomilling division. They perform basic daily maintenance on the machines and walk alongside the machine. A groundsmen must be willing to travel with high potential for overtime pay and career advancement.
- Starting base pay is 20.95/hour with fringe.
Seeking crane operators for our crane rental business in the Fargo area. Operator must be proficient in operating hydraulic cranes, must be NCCCO-certified and possess a Class A license. This is a full-time position with top pay and benefits. Applicants must have the ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner.
Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings. Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantles machines, moves machinery and equipment, assembles and installs, aligns, assembles, repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
May install robot and modify its program. May perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Requirements: Millwrights should be able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy; follow instructions and read blueprints; look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects; work at heights without fear, plan work and solve problems. Must be able to coordinate hand-eye movements; use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or high structures.
- Welds together metal components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications. May clean or degrease weld joint or work piece, using a wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath. May repair broken or cracked parts and fill in holes.
Requirements: Must be able to weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. Ability to analyze work orders and blueprints.
Start Your Career Today!
If you're interested in joining the IBI team, fill out our application below. IBI is an equal opportunity employer and our EEO policy can be found here.
Any required fields not relevant to the position you are applying please fill with N/A.